Monday, March 19, 2012

End of Rapunzel's Spring Break


So this is my last day of Spring Break. Tomorrow I drive back to school and waste time till Wednesday when class starts and life begins. Its funny how when you first go to college how everything is a challenge, heck even making it to that point is stressful. You feel like you are just not even smart enough to be there and you keep making baby steps term by term. Every class feels harder then the one before it and  then you get to this point in your junior year...I realize now how far I have come and how much further I still need to go. Becoming an adult is right there, not only can I see it I know it scares the crap out of me. All I want to do is run, but I know that I won't...I know what is expected of me in the next year or so and I have a lot of things to do and people to take care of. I can't back down now.

Yet, what I wanted this break that I still haven't found is freedom. I crave the freedom to do what I want, to have fun, to have adventure. The closest I get to this feeling is when I am at school. I have the freedom to make choices and define my life. I get to go out and hang out with friends with out feeling pressured to be home and take care of people. Its funny how when you are away from home you miss your family, but when you come home you remember why you don't want to stay. At home there is nothing to do, no one to really see, but all the responsibility and headaches that come with my family. Don't get me wrong I LOVE them to pieces, but sometimes you need some stress relief, some fun. Sadly, there is nothing to do and no where to go, call me Rapunzel locked in a tower. Imprisoned by a protective family and responsibility to all. Here's Hoping It Gets Better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment