Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Beginnings


So I made it back to Knox and I moved in only to run straight to the school I am teaching at this term ASAP for a meeting with a parent. I basically spent the whole day moving and got up to do the same. I'm not complaining because I chose this career, but it just makes this all too real too fast. I have always been a person who grew up too fast and wanted to be older...in some cases I had to be the adult and take care of things that I shouldn't have. In this situation though I know this is my last year of school and the closing of one door and the opening of another. Its scary to start something new and go out into the "real" world. Its hard for me to wrap my head around it right now so I am just trying to live in the moment and try not to look too far ahead. Student teaching makes it hard though because it makes it all to real the path I have chosen and the fact that I am going on my last easy year. Life is going to get hard fast and I have a lot of responsibility falling on me if I am ready or not. I guess it worries me that I'm not ready or that things might not go well when I'm the stand alone teacher, but I guess I will just have to find out. There is no turning back and regardless of the fear I don't think I would want to. I have followed the path to become a teacher the last 3 years, but it wasn't until last term I could say with certain that this is what I wanted to do...more importantly that this is what I want to be. This term is going to test me and be different then anything I have ever faced, but I'm going to face it with grace. I know I'll be stressed and freaked out....ehhh whats the worst that could happen right? lol
Here's hoping it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment