Monday, July 23, 2012

Love is Love



When I found this picture I fell in love with it because this is how I feel completely. If you fall in love then it shouldn't matter who its with. I guess I connect to this in a number of different ways, but one thing that I have been thinking about lately is the acceptance of certain relationships. Life is too short to judge people and the choices they make, if its not your life and the choices you would make then I'm sorry, but it is what it is...move on. The only person you can control is yourself and you should just learn to accept everyone else.

I guess what gets me and isn't on this picture, but seems affect me the most is the problems people have with interracial relationships. I have been apart and have no problem with interracial relationships, but other people can have serious problems with it. It may not be the main topic of discussion today and some people may think this country is past that type of racism well...to put it gently that's BS. There is still this fear and separation that occurs and its gonna take open minded people to change that. To be honest its kinda sad to think that you would waste time out of your day to be angry about things you can't control, about two people who are happy, living their lives and not bothering you in the least.

I have loved men who were strong, caring, funny, passionate, driven, and just amazing people, I loved them for who they are and what they did. They treated people with respect and worked their ass off to do what they could for themselves and their families. I ain't gonna lie, I admire these men and my love for them runs deep to this day. It just astonishes me to know that no matter how much love two people can have for each other and no matter how amazing a person is people will judge. See the reason that they judge me at least is that I am white and the men that I speak of...well they aren't, they are mostly black.

I didn't seek it out, like I said I fell for the people that they were, it was actually surprising to me how people responded. There were some people who couldn't get past the outside color of he and I for whatever reason. I have had to face many two faced people because of my heart. People including family members on both sides that will look at your face and smile, but want nothing more then the relationship to end. There will always be those who stare, make faces of disgust, or do double takes to which I don't even pay attention to anymore.  You have to have a thick skin and a strong, fighting heart to be in an interracial relationship. Just like any other it takes work its just that sometimes it takes a little bit more work then most. With that being said not everyone will put up a fight about relationships because I know a whole generation is more open minded then the last. Personally my friends have always been supportive.

I never regret following my heart even if it has gotten broken and I will continue to follow it no matter where it leads. Love is Love no matter who it is with. Even if you feel challenged know that if this person makes you happier then you ever been then its worth the fight. Following your heart takes courage, following your heart down a different path takes guts. Not everyone is strong enough to put it all out there and follow their heart where ever it leads so take pride in that. I just thought I would share my story and speak my mind on this.

So here's hoping you keep following your heart no matter where it leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment