Sunday, November 25, 2012

Smiling


Hmmm so this holiday weekend has been one of the best I have experienced in a while. I got to eat plenty with family and feel more than comfortable in my own skin. Nothing like it if you ask me and a long time coming. Heck I even got my uncle, health nut himself, asking how I lost the weight. He was so sweet telling my mom I looked so good which only made me happier. Then I got the great job of waking up early and going Black Friday shopping with the family. I mean a girl needs new clothes after loosing weight and feeling good right? I would say great food and awesome Christmas shopping would make any weekend great but I got a little more than that.

For one I got one of my closest friends back. Its weird to think that I lost her, but hey life works like that and we forgive and forget. I had the best time texting her and talking about all the awesomeness that is our lives...lol, realistically its all the craziness and boredom. She is truly an amazing person and I am so happy she is back around, not saying it hasn't been weird, but I couldn't think of a year at school without her...that's my boo lol. The Dynamic Duo is back and I doubt anyone is ready for that!!!

Second, I have the best roommates in the world!!! They have been nothing but awesome and its hard to think one of them won't be returning in January. Its not goodbye though cuz she will return!!!  Regardless this break is nothing but awesome with their crazy text messages and kewl tumblr posts. They are AWESOME!!! lol (I guess I am making a love letter to all these people at this point but my intention I swear is to tell what has been what lately.) These two have kept me smiling with random messages, supportive words, and my favorite is the flashbacks to crazy apartment times from this past term. Its funny how close we have all gotten, funny to me because I have only known them for a 1.5 years, but that being said I wouldn't change it for the world. When you click with people it just works and we all just work in an awesome way. As different as we are we all kinda balance each other and I know these will be my girls forever!

Lastly, speaking of clicking I guess I have to bring to light the fact that everything seems to be clicking into place for me. Its weird and I don't want to speak to soon (knock on wood) but I am happier then I have ever been. I am happy in terms of feeling comfortable with myself and who I have become. I think it shows in my smile and my choices. I am smiling for me, for the person I am becoming, for the things I have accomplished and will accomplish, for the amazing friends I have, for the way someone makes me feel...lol. Mind you I am not saying things are perfect, but I am just perfectly happy with the imperfections. Life is what you make it and I'm living mine and taking chances...even falling into things I never thought possible. Here's Hoping you stay smiling too!

No comments:

Post a Comment