Sunday, December 9, 2012

Season of Giving

 

So Christmas is the time of year for giving and I'm feeling the giving part, but very little else. Maybe its because I am avoiding the belief that break will be coming to a close or that very soon I'm going to be super busy decorating a tree and baking like crazy. Regardless the Christmas season has not fully taken hold of me. I'm just relaxed and at peace. I got all my Christmas shopping done which is huge, but I will find out tomorrow if we still have things to buy for the rest of the family. I have to say the gifts I have gotten together are pretty great. I can't wait to watch the owners open them, I can't really explain the feeling it gives me to surprise someone and make them happy. I honestly sit back and just like watching people unwrap their gifts before I open my own. My gifts are great this year because I basically picked them all out. I picked out some epic clothes, great books, and have even got to play
Just Dance 4. I can't wait to get the crown jewel though: iphone5...soon lol.

Just as soon I have to start the baking line with my dad and make all the amazing cookies and candies. A list probably including: Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, snicker doodle cookies, oatmeal butterscotch cookies, peanut butter balls, toffee, fudge, cake balls, and maybe even pie. Yes I know we are crazy, but we do it every year and its become a tradition. Traditions like my sister and I exchanging one gift on Christmas Eve and us bringing down the tree with the million ordiments we own. Speaking of ornaments, that the other tradition in which my sister and I get a new ornament every year...this year mine is a squirrel. Its very me if I say so myself. This house can be suffocating and also rejuvenating during the holiday season. It can bring out the good and the bad, but family is like that. I like having a home I can go to, but I also like having my own space...so my hope for this new year is to find a place of my own outside of my home, for my sanity I need it.  Here's hoping Santa can bring this Christmas Miracle to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment