Friday, June 17, 2011

Life and Other things

Today was my first day of work!!! I am excited and nervous all at the same time to actually be a counselor and work with the kids next week...today was just meet and great and training. It was a super long day waking up at 6:45 and at the park district till 2pm, having all this information thrown at me. The other counselors seem nice enough that I should get by and learn from them. Only time will tell for sure though...but at least I am CPR/AED certified for 2 years! Go Me :)

In other news: I am super involved in this book I am reading. The Last Olympian, the last book of the Percy Jackson series is really interesting. I know its a teen book, but it really just captures my imagination and is really interesting. I suggest the series to anyone who just wants to sit down with a book and go to another world. It truly is a quick moving series and it basically places you in America, but with Greek twists. Just pretend for a minute that all the Greek myths and gods were real and place all the settings in the US. Its pretty interesting, but I always liked Greek mythology.
I am also trying to read some/ most of the books I have lying around my room...trying to educate myself I guess and have more random info in my head. Its interesting how every summer I always have this amazing list of things I want to accomplish and yet I never seem to make much of an impact on the list. I am really going all out this summer though. I am working, reading, working out, and cleaning...not to mention I want to get out and DO things. Really get out and have new experiences and meet new people. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Some moments I am afraid I won't get enough done or really make any progress, but I just hope for the best and keep trucking. I miss all my Knoxy Friends!!! Here's hoping I see some soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment