Sunday, January 13, 2013

Priorities

Pinned Image
 
 
The idea of priorities is something a college student struggles with daily. I personally am trying to figure out mine. I mean I am a student so yes classes and work are priorities, but what else. In my own way I guess I am making myself a priority. I am taking the rest of this year and watching my diet and working out till I bleed. Why? you may ask...because being healthy, feeling healthy, and loosing weight makes me happy. If anything I know being happy is what I need to focus on and make a priority. I just need to do what I can and be happy because in the end there is no one who is going to care about me like I should. I need to find peace and just be a lone soldier on the path to make myself a priority.

On another note the quote above means so much to me because it makes sense. I guess I live my life by the golden rule and in my mind I do for others because I would hope they would be there for me if I ever needed. I guess one thing I have learned is that its not always the case...honestly it rarely is. Yet, I still have this unwavering faith that this person might be different, that this time someone might make time for me. I can not make people care, I can't make people want to give, and I can't make people see. I am far from perfect and I am not one to judge. I guess I just hope for something more in life and with those I surround myself with. I don't think I will ever loose my faith and hope, I'm not sure I would ever want to....but I know that as tired as I am waiting for someone to be there and make time I will never not be there for those I hold close. You have to be the change you wish to see in the world as Gandhi said and I want people to not be afraid to trust. I want people to not be afraid to give of themselves, give of there time. As much as I need to be selfish I think being selfish is at times second to giving back. That's my opinion and your don't have to agree, but here's hoping it makes you think about your priorities as I'm constantly reevaluating mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment